Recently Brother Bear and I were chatting while taking a drive in Wanda The Honda (our minivan). Our conversation went a little something like this:
"We kind of have a big family."
"Yeah, Brother Bear, we do. Having a big family is probably a lot more fun than having a little family."
"I think we should have a bigger family. We should have one more baby."
"But Brother Bear, what if we had another little girl? Would you really want to have three little sisters?"
"We should just ask God for a little boy!"
I thought about using this as a teaching moment. You know, about God's will not always being our will. But then I thought he at least has the faith that he can ask our Heavenly Father for anything. And I decided to just let his faith be pure faith.
Needless to say, we will not be having another baby. I just can't risk the chance of his faith hinging on whether God would send us a little boy or not!
Leave Us a Comment to let us know you stopped by. Now on to the stories.
Once Upon A Time...
Once Upon A Time...
Monday, October 6, 2008
Pure Faith
Posted by Frandsen Family at 5:14 PM
Labels: Brother Bear
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And They Lived Happily Ever After!

2 comments:
How tender. Don't ya just love the things kids say. Whenever Taytum says something like this, it strenghtens my faith too. What a great kid.
So sweet. What...no more kids? I thought you and I were on the same pregnancy schedule! No, that's not an annoucement, just saying that we still want one more.
Post a Comment