Leave Us a Comment to let us know you stopped by. Now on to the stories.



Once Upon A Time...

Monday, February 23, 2009

100's of loves

Can you believe the Month is almost over? We are counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until Disneyland! I can hardly wait. But since the month is now almost over, I guess I better update.

Brother Bears class celebrated 100's day at school because they have been in class for 100 days. They each had to bring a collection of 100. Brother Bear chose hot wheel cars. They made hats decorated with 100 stickers, and did some other fun counting activities.
We practiced counting to 100 when we put tattos on the older kids. I know you only have to count to 30 for the tattoo to stick, but it makes a great excuse for the kids to practice counting. Brother Bear got to 100 in less than 30 seconds, so we made him do it again. And Sister Bear counted to 49. Not too bad!
Brother Bear wanted to make a SpongeBob box for his class Valentines party. Here is how it turned out.Both of the kids had a great time at their school parties.

We made sugar cookies to deliver to our family and friends. My family has always had a tradition of valentining. You leave a note or a treat on a loved ones door step, ring the bell, and try to get away without being caught. Then, when others valentine your house you try and catch them in the act. All of my grandparents say this is how the day was celebrated in the good 'ol days. My kids look forward to this tradition every year. If you have never gone valentining, (is that a word?), TRY IT! Maybe we can bring the tradition back in 2010! As a bonus, it is a great way to teach your kids that it is just as great, if not better, to give rather than receive. I try to teach them this lesson every year at Christmas, but somehow it seems the message is always lost. On another note of love.... My grandparents (GpaW nd GmaW) have been married for 50 Years. Congratulations! This is a picture taken at the open house we held this last weekend. It isn't the greatest pic, but I only took two pictures with my camera and then was recruited to take pictures with my mothers camera. If and when she shares, I will share. I think that about does it. Kind of a quiet month for us.

I'll just add a quick picture of Baby Bear being goofy.

Oh, and here is a picture of the painting Sister Bear worked on with my GpaW. She loves to color and paint, and has a natural talent for it. I think I may need to get her in an art class.
Since I never add video here is Baby Bear dancing to Lady Antebellum. She dances every time this video comes on CMT. It is about a minute long, but I thought some of you might it enjoy it.

1 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh, and what yummy cookies they were! You're so great about that. Every year we get a yummy treat from you and you get an invisible plate full of nothing from us...sorry about that. We'll get ya next year!

Sister Bear's picture is truly impressive! I would look into art classes too! She's got a blooming little talent.

Oh, and I LOVE the SpongeBob box. So creative!

And They Lived Happily Ever After!