Leave Us a Comment to let us know you stopped by. Now on to the stories.



Once Upon A Time...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mormon Minivan and Middle Child Syndrome


I never thought the day would come that I would fit into the stereotype of "Mom with a Mormon MiniVan." Well, I caved, and Papa Bear and I bought a Honda Odyssey last weekend. Okay, I have to admit, I love it! It is so much easier to get the kids in and out of. And the gas mileage is much better than the Durango.
On to a different subject....
Are any of you the middle child? I am the oldest and I never really believed in "the middle child syndrome" that my younger sister claims exists. But, things have seemed to be a little unfair for Sister Bear lately, so, I'm thinking that maybe it does exist. First of all, Sissy has had a little bit of a difficult time adjusting to the new baby. Don't get me wrong, she loves Baby Bear to death (literally). But sometimes it is hard for her to share the spotlight. Then, Brother Bear got to go to the Jazz game with Papa Bear , and she was not to happy that she was being left behind. (Thanks to GmaC for letting her have a sleepover instead of going to the game.) But the final straw was at swimming lesson sign ups. I took both Brother and Sister to sign up and they only had enrollment available for the five year old class. I was told that enrollment for the three year old class was very limited in the winter, and the only way I could guarantee her a spot in the next session was to sign Brother up this round, and get early enrollment for the next. When Sissy found out she couldn't take lessons until Brother had gone eight times little tears started rolling down her cheeks! I felt so bad! I guess it's a "life is not fair" lesson. But it sure is a hard lesson to learn for a three year old.
On the bright side, Brother is doing really well in lessons! And Sissy is counting down!

1 comments:

Cotten Tales said...

Brandi-
I read your Mormon minivan, middle child blog a few weeks ago, clicked to it from Meg's blog and I didn't even realize that was you. I knew your name name and I know your first two kids names, but I didn't put it together until you commented to me and I clicked back and saw the baby blessing pictures. Thanks for keeping in touch, maybe I will see you this summer when I dare come back to UT!

And They Lived Happily Ever After!