Leave Us a Comment to let us know you stopped by. Now on to the stories.



Once Upon A Time...

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lessons

I am not a big fan of Mother's Day. For some reason I always focus on everything I am doing wrong while rasing my kids instead of the things I am doing right. However, this weekend, I took the opportunity to teach the girls a few important lessons....




You can never have enough shoes!









Kisses, Hugs, and Pretty Pleases, will get Daddy's Girls (almost) anything their heart desires!









A Bubble Bath and a good book can be the perfect ending to any day!









I love my kids. They are the greatest joy of my life. I really did have a wonderful - relaxing- Mothers Day! The girls and I had a lot of mom and daughter time this weekend. Brother Bear and Papa Bear went to Brother Bear's Hit-A-Thon for baseball (Brother hit 19 out of 20- Great Job Buddy!) and to team pictures. Then Papa Bear took me and the kids to lunch- and then gave me some down time - he took Brother to the Bees game. That's when the girls and I learned a few lessons from each other...

Here is Sissys first attempt at makeup while playing dress up-- (Ignore the shadow- Not the greatest pic) I hope you can see the bright blue eyeshadow, and the lots and lots of blush- but she didn't do as bad as I thought. And we had lots of fun!

Today Brother Bear gave me a bookmark that he made out of popsicle sticks, and he wrote me a clue to find my gift. He wrote the clue all by himself. It is so fun to see how he spelled the words, he is getting so big! We also cheered on the Jazz today, and then went to my GmaW's for dinner. I love being a mom, and I am so grateful to my mom. She is the funnest mom a girl could have. She taught my me how to camp, fish, shoot guns, catch frogs, and pull the legs off of Daddy Long Leg Spiders (They wiggle even when they are off!), put on makeup, bath babies (she has given each of my kids there first bath),and so many things I just can't list... but most importantly, she has been taught me how to be a wonderful wife and mother. She is my example, and I appreciate her more every day that I raise my own children. I love you mom. Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I just checked Jeni's blog and they had the baby yesterday afternoon. He was 8 lbs and 20 inches long. He is really cute. Do you have her link?

Amberlee said...

It sounds and looks like you had a great mother's day. Your kids are really cute. I am glad that you and your family are doing well. I sent you an invitation to my shower on Saturday the 17th and it came back to me. SO I figured that I would make sure that you knew I wanted you to come this weekend to it. It is at my parents house in Saratoga at 12:00. There will be a luncheon and you will get to see Carston. Plus I would really like to see you. So I hope you can make it. See you soon.
Amber

And They Lived Happily Ever After!