Do you know what I love about every single holiday? Good Food! And the Fourth of July was no exception for us with a yummy fish fry. Let me introduce to you our personal chef....
My dad!
With a little assistance from my Little Bro (M Fatty) and Mom of course!
Dad cooked up blue gill and bass, as well as GpaW's most delicious french fries (which are Baby Bear's new favorite food), and onion rings. Yummy!
Not only did we have good food on the Fourth, but we had some good times swimming with the kiddos in Gma's pool and then enjoying some good ol' traditional street fireworks.
(Gotta Love the Post Swimming Hair-DO!)
(My cousin Amanda has a couple of fun pics on her website... http://www.mandapalooza213.blogspot.com!)
Friday morning before the fish fry we took the kids to see Wall-E. It was cute... but, there was hardly any talking during a good portion of it, so, Sister Bear had to commentate.
"Oh, Wall-E is trying to clean his trash."
"There goes Wall-E to his station." (Station is what she calls his house)
"Wall-E ran over his Pet!"
I swear, the little girl could not keep quiet. I'm surprised we didn't get hushed right out of the theatre. But the kids had fun and really enjoyed it-- It's not often that we take in a movie at the theatre.
Then on Saturday night we headed to the Bees game (along with 13,100 others) to enjoy the most boring baseball game I have ever watched- the Bees got killed. (Even Papa Bear said it was boring-- so you know I was bored out of my mind!) But, it was fun to be with the Papa Bear's Fam and the "Big Fireworks" were well worth the admission to the game. Sister Bear loved the "Big Fireworks." Brother Bear enjoyed the Fireworks too, but between us, I think he goes to the games for Nachos and a Pepsi. Baby Bear , on the other hand, fell asleep during the middle of the fireworks. I guess the noise didn't bother her at all, but I guess it really shouldn't considering the big brother and sister she lives with.
Speaking of Big Bro and Sis, they are out of town for the weekend visiting Grandpa and Grandma, and Baby Bear seems somewhat lost without them. I thought she might enjoy the peace and quiet, but I think she really misses them. She seems really grumpy, but that may be due to the little tooth that has pushed it's way through! Who knows? If she doesn't miss the two of them, I know that I sure do!
And since the kids are out of town, mom and dad invited Papa Bear and I over on Sunday for dinner. Dad barbecued steak, and while Papa Bear can cook a pretty good steak, there is still nothing that tops my dads barbecuing!
Happy Eating!

2 comments:
Sounds fun! (And might I add - delicious!) It sounds like Boston goes to games for the same reason I do, over-priced junk food. I think baseball is about the most boring spectator sport ever invented, so I feel your pain.
Grandpa Dan hasn't changed a bit - Colared shirts and levi shorts. He has a bit more grey in his hair - but...still the same ol' grandpa dan!
Post a Comment