Leave Us a Comment to let us know you stopped by. Now on to the stories.



Once Upon A Time...

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

O Christmas Tree Tradition...

I love Christmas, and Christmas traditions. One tradition that my family has always had is cutting down our Christmas tree. And yes, we are kind of like the Griswold's! This year we drove out to the BLM land towards Price, and Papa Bear found a very nice looking tree about 20 feet off of the dirt road. But what fun is it to cut down the first tree you find? So after a little bit of looking we found the chosen tree for the year, dug out the trunk, and headed back towards the truck for hot chocolate. But the fun didn't stop there! After GpaD and GmaC had their tree cut down, we loaded up to go and roast hot dogs! But Papa Bear forgot about the big rock we had parked by, and tore part of the front bumper off his truck! See, I told you, the Griswold's.
Now, those of you who see our tree may laugh. We have ornaments of every kind on it. Some back to when I was a baby, some that my kids have made, anything goes. It is a hodgepodge tree that the kids decorate themselves. Most of the ornaments are on the bottom of the tree. And many branches have 4 or even 5 ornaments on them. In my eyes, it is the most beautiful tree! And so starts our Christmas traditions- that I will post more about soon!




1 comments:

Sheri said...

Now that is my kind of Christmas tree! I love the ecclectic trees decorated by kids, they're the best! You guys always inspire me to add a little excitement to my life with all your amazing adventures! I think it's so great!

And They Lived Happily Ever After!