I realize it has been a few weeks since my last post. It seems like we have just been really busy living and enjoying life. In addition to riding bikes, playing slip n slide with all of the neighborhood kids, and having some fierce competitions on our new Wii, here is a quick update of what has been happening.
Brother Bear has started first grade! He is attending the brand new school in our neighborhood. His teacher seems to be a really good teacher. He likes school so far, but hates having to read and do homework every night.

Sister Bear has been on her best behavior since Boston has gone back to school. She is anxiously counting down the days until PreSchool begins.
Baby Bear hit the 9 month mark on the 3rd. Cody took her to her well child check up and reported her height as 28 3/4 inches (70th percentile), and weight as 17 lbs 6 oz (8th percentile.) Baby Bear has started to do lots of fun things this month like: climbing on top of everything, playing peek-a-boo with the blanket, clapping and playing patty cake, getting into everything including purses and toilet paper, and showing us how big she is!
And believe it or not, she has taken her first steps and is starting to walk more and more everyday. ( I will post some video of those cute wobbly steps soon!)


This weekend we took the kids to Boondocks with Papa Bear's family.
Here are all the girls and baby C2:
And the guys:
The first thing we did was try out the bumper boats. Papa Bear got soaked by everyone. Then we tried the Go-Karts. Sister Bear and I chose a super speedy green car and passed everyone! I realized both of us have a need for speed and can be super competitive. Sister Bear squealed the entire time and kept encouraging me to drive faster and pass everyone. The second time we rode, we didn't do as well, and she was really bummed!
GpaA, Aunt J, Aunt and Uncle JJ, Brother Bear, and I also played laser tag. I made Brother Bear play even though he was crying and didn't want to. (Sara, I too am one of "those" mothers.) In the end he loved it and wants to play laser tag for his Birthday. Our team got killed by the red team! But it was still pretty fun. We also played the arcade games and let the kids buy some little goofy prizes with their tickets, and then the guys had to try out the batting cages.
After Boondocks, we went to see Papa Bear's Grandpa at the hospital. He had a heart attack last weekend, and we are hoping for him to head home tomorrow. He looked really good, but seemed a little disoriented-- who can blame him with all of us crazies in his room. Grandma was kind enough to buy us dinner at the cafeteria, and we got to catch up with Cody's Aunt and Uncle.
Last night we took GmaShopper to dinner at Rodizio's to celebrate her 60th Birthday. Happy Birthday GmaShopper! We had a great time, and hope you did too!
Last night we took GmaShopper to dinner at Rodizio's to celebrate her 60th Birthday. Happy Birthday GmaShopper! We had a great time, and hope you did too!
I think that about catches me up! We are heading camping at the end of the week, but will have more adventures to post soon.

2 comments:
I can't believe you have a first grader! Looks like you guys have been very busy, but still managed to have a good time.
I am loving your new template. Super cute! Oaklie is taking steps?? For living accross the street, we don't talk or see you guys nearly enough. Sounds like you guys have been out having way more fun than we have. I really should work on that...my poor kids. Oh and I've been wanting to tell you, McKenna is back to having a crush on Boston. My daughter is so boy-crazy already. I don't know how to handle her.
Post a Comment